Ultimaker Cura 4.10 has arrived, and features a major update for Ultimaker Professional and Ultimaker Excellence subscribers, letting it import native CAD files directly into Ultimaker Cura.
The update should enable an improved engineering workflow that maximises efficiency – skipping a traditional step in print preparation, simplifying print processes and increasingly productivity.
Users can also load CAD assemblies, allowing them to print parts together, or ‘ungroup’ parts, select individual components, and tune them with the ‘per-model’ setting or different materials.
To enable this feature, users will need to download both Ultimaker Cura 4.10 and the CAD import plugin from the Ultimaker Marketplace.
This feature is only available for Ultimaker Professional and Ultimaker Excellence subscribers at present.
The ability to import native CAD files with Ultimaker Cura 4.10 was developed with technology from Dassault Spatial.
“Dassault becoming part of the Ultimaker ecosystem is extremely exciting,” said Ultimaker product marketer Elder Linssen. “We’re looking forward to the elevating effect our partnership will undoubtedly provide our users, as they continue to push the boundaries of the technology.”
Dassault Spatial senior consultant Nicolas Boireau, added: “Spatial is proud to be a trusted partner serving Ultimaker in developing leading edge applications. Our goal is to support Ultimaker in their effort of developing an ecosystem which will ultimately provide end users with true value.
“By adding native CAD formats, in Cura, with the highest quality standard, designers are able to streamline their workflows from CAD to Machine, optimising efficiency and productivity.”
The CAD formats served, include:
3D ACIS Modeler
Bug fixes and improvements in Ultimaker Cura 4.10
- Added Ultimaker PETG profiles for Ultimaker 3
- Added the ability for users to rename groups in the object list. Contributed by fieldOfView
- Fixed an issue that caused certain versions of Linux to crash when scaling
- Added another set of third-party hardware definitions, and updated others to improve accessibility for community users
- Added the volumetric flow rate (in mm³/s) to the simulation view. Contributed by Khani3s
- Fixed a bug in Repetier flavor “Pause-at-height” script that cased the initial retract to “Extrude”
- Fixed a glitch on MacOS that could cause the “Per-object” settings tool to unintentionally close