Link3D has added a Post-Production Management App in its quest to support end-to-end additive manufacturing processes.
The new mobile app adds to a streamlined workflow by allowing for quick and efficient management of 3D printed parts, continuing the digital thread.
Link3D is adamant that with more companies adopting additive manufacturing and 3D printed processes, it will become critical to make each job as seamless and connected as possible.
Link3D technical program manager Lara Janse van Vuuren, said: “We have seen the Post Production app streamline the post processing steps and increase the traceability without adding overhead to every task.
“The paper trail is eliminated without losing the sign offs and accountability for each step after the printing process.”
With the Link3D Post-Production Management app, users will be able to:
- Locate parts by (1) scanning a QR code (2) filtering by tasks (3) Work Center hub
- Review and update the status at each step from “Not Started” to “Arrived,” “In Progress,” “Completed,” or “Failed”
- Automatically route the parts through a series of Work Centers defined by the traveller
- Manage yield by tracking how many parts were completed successfully at each Work Center, and how many require reprinting
- Track Failure Reasons for each Work Center to increase traceability of yield management on the production floor
- Track the labor and machine hours required to complete each Post Process for different parts and Work Orders
- Complete pre and post-checklists to ensure that the technician successfully followed all work instructions
- Upload and view documentation / images for traceability of what is happening at each Work Center
- View Additional Order Details to provide context for the full order including Customer Information and detailed production requirements for a given part