Ah Debretts! A British Institution to add to the list of British Institutions that should have its proprietors locked up in a British institution… Its tome of 500 names for 2017 has been unveiled.
The Debrett’s 500 recognises Britain’s 500 most influential people, having been ‘carefully compiled by independent specialists in each of a number of sectors’, with Debrett’s charting of people of influence and achievement having existed for nearly 250 years.
The book of names for people to rattle off at dinner parties and ambassadors receptions (in order to look like they have a clue what’s happening in the world) has received its 2017 update, and features no fewer than six illustrious product designers.
The Debretts 500 product designers 2017
– Sir Terence Conran, Designer and Restaurateur, 85
– Tom Dixon, OBE, Designer, 57
– Thomas Heatherwick, CBE, Designer, 46
– Sir Jonathan Ive, KBE, Chief Design Officer, Apple, 49
– Paul Priestman, Designer and Chair, PriestmanGoode, 55
– Deyan Sudjic, OBE, Director, Design Museum, 64