Dassault Systèmes is adding extra focus to getting product designers using its latest release of engineering simulation tool Simulia.
Noting how historically, simulation has been the domain of a ‘Simulation Specialist’, its Design Simulation product suite is “tailored to the needs of the product Designer rather than the Specialist”.
“Design Simulation products function within the design environment rather than within a simulation environment,” explains the DS website. “Design Simulation does not mean simple simulation, it is based on leading technology, including part and assembly analysis, realistic material behavior and product response, and scenario definition that reflect how products are used.”
In announcing the rest of its outline for what is new in the 2015 release of Simulia, DS is short and to the point – from new tools for designers to 10 new apps in R2015x.
As expected, there’s more room for users on the cloud – either public or private – while a variety of new roles look to benefit stress engineers, as well as more automated FEA analysis capabilities.
Elsewhere, enhanced simulation workflows look set to expand Simulia’s capabilities for a complete end-to-end simulation processes, with added analytics.
In R2015x the product packaging has changed from processes to roles.
The Simulia portfolio is as follows:
– 15 Roles on Premise plus 4 Platform/Deployment Options
– 6 Roles On Public Cloud plus 2 Platform/Deployment Options
– 3 Roles On Private Cloud plus 2 Platform/Deployment Options
– 11 Simulation Roles whose functionality is brand new
– 2 Simulation Roles whose functionality is very significantly enhanced
– 24 Simulia Apps in R2015x including 10 new Apps
New roles and functionalities with a focus on the following roles:
– Stress Engineer – Provides guided workflows for structural and fatigue analysis allowing users to perform routine strength and deflection calculations under static loading conditions to estimate product life and guide design modifications.
– Structural Analysis Engineer – Assess the structural integrity of products subject to a wide range of loading conditions to guide design decisions.
– Results Data Analyst – Automate the merging of various sources of data and uncover data patterns through visual analysis to drive business decisions and make predictions using result analytics techniques to post-process, visualise and analyse trade-offs of large datasets
– Finite Element Modelling & Assembly Specialist – Specialises in the creation and/or management of large and complex finite element assemblies requiring automated modeling techniques and the collaborative efforts of several engineering teams.
– Functional Enhancements
Enhanced capabilities include:
– Extend Reach to Designers: Substantial expansion of simulation capabilities for designers including fatigue and improved fluid simulation.
– Enhanced Simulation Workflows and Analytics: Expansion of solutions/capabilities to capture, manage, and leverage complete end-to-end simulation processes, and enhanced analytics
– CATIA V5 Analysis Migration: Upgrade path along with added simulation value for existing CATIA V5 Analysis users
– New Technology Introduction