mmmm. tasty new colours for ABS parts
Dimensioning Printing has just launched an extension of the uPrint machine it launched a year ago. Still priced at under $20,000. What are the upgrades to this machine? Let’s take a look.
1) A build envelope of 203 x 203 x 152 mm (that’s 8 x 8 x 6 in for those of you in the 14th century).
2) Print in eight colours* of ABSplus material including red, blue, olive, black, dark gray, nectarine and fluorescent yellow as well as the basic ivory (the standard uPrint would only print with ivory filament)/
3) It has two resolution settings on 0.254mm and 0.33mm.
4) Smart Supports within the software reduces the support material usage by structuring the support build (this is also available now for the standard uPrint).
5) The new SR-30 support is an improvement on the standard support material that dissolves 69% faster.
*it’s worth noting that you can only build in one colour at a time and need to change filament spools to swap colours out.